Helpful Heating and Air Conditioning Information
We're always happy to take your call any time of the day or night, but sometimes your air conditioner only needs a quick fix that you might even be able to do yourself. Check out these resources to learn how you might be able to improve your energy efficiency or get a broken air conditioner working again without waiting for an appointment.
Common Air Conditioning ProblemsThe HVAC systems we sell are built to last, but when a complex mechanical machine runs for hundreds of hours per year, it's bound to eventually need repairs. Here are some of the most common air conditioning problems:
- Clogged filter
- Leaky or dirty ducts
- Refrigerant leak
- Dirty condenser or evaporator coils
- Drainage problems
- Fan not working
Helpful TipsIt's common knowledge that setting your HVAC system to a more comfortable temperature usually results in a higher cost to run it. What's less known is that HVAC systems can quickly lose efficiency if not regularly maintained. Here's some helpful tips to keep your HVAC system running in peak condition so you can lower your utility bill, afford to run it more, or both:
- Regularly change your air filters for maximum airflow.
- Keep it clean and make sure leaves or grass clippings aren't getting into your outdoor condenser unit.
- Consider a programmable thermostat.
- Use a shade tree to help keep your condenser unit cool.
- Consider an annual maintenance plan to catch little problems before they become big ones.
- Use caulk around windows and weather strips on doors to keep your air conditioned air inside.
- Energy improvements over the past decades mean that replacing a unit older than ten years will soon pay for itself in lower utility bills.
- Get help when you hear noises or notice reduced performance — your system is already losing efficiency and may be straining other parts.
We Proudly Serve Sarasota and the Following Areas
Port Charlotte, FL
Punta Gorda, FL