Add HVAC Maintenance To Your Spring Cleaning List
Sarasota’s uncharacteristic winter cold spells will soon be a distant memory with temperatures rising as spring draws near. In Florida, spring is air conditioning season, so be prepared with HVAC system maintenance. Your checklist should include some do-it-yourself tasks, as well as tasks for your HVAC service technician to perform.
- Change the filter. It’s easy to do, and no other maintenance task will do as much to preserve the life of your HVAC system. A good quality air filter will protect the system’s workings from dirt particles and improve indoor air quality. Follow instructions in your owner’s manual or on the filter packaging. Be sure the air filter fits properly and is inserted the right way.
- Check the outdoor condenser/compressor, removing debris, weeds and any other obstructions within two feet around the unit. Look inside the metal grille, and if you see leaves inside, remove the grille and clear leaves.
- Check the condenser fins to see if any are bent. You can straighten them with a fin comb.
- Check ductwork insulation and replace if needed.
Tasks for Your Service Technician
A heating and cooling professional will perform the following tasks during HVAC system maintenance:
- Check the refrigerant charge, adding refrigerant if needed, and check for leaks.
- Clean condenser and evaporator coils.
- Inspect the blower, and clean and adjust components.
- Check programmable thermostat settings and controls.
- Check belts for fraying.
- Lubricate moving parts.
- Inspect electrical connections, measuring electrical current and voltage.
The ductwork should also be inspected for holes, gaps, cracks or obstructions. Call an expert to do repairs or for duct cleaning.
Call your HVAC technician early in the spring to make sure you get your maintenance appointment in a timely manner. Waiting until later in the summer when HVAC service companies are busy with HVAC repairs and replacing equipment that has failed will be frustrating and could cost you if you have a repair that shouldn’t wait.
Learn more about All American Heating and Cooling’s HVAC system maintenance, or contact us at (941) 451-5228 to schedule an appointment!
You May Also Like
4 Signs Your Home Has Poor Air Quality in Parrish, FL
Poor indoor air quality can lead to increased risks for respiratory problems and even long-term health conditions such as dementia. That’s why… Continue Reading 4 Signs Your Home Has Poor Air Quality in Parrish, FL…
Is My HVAC Thermostat in the Wrong Spot in Myakka, FL?
Your thermostat acts as the control center of your HVAC system in Myakka, FL. This component helps control indoor temperatures, humidity and… Continue Reading Is My HVAC Thermostat in the Wrong Spot in Myakka, FL?…
Do I Need a New HVAC Thermostat in Palmetto, FL?
Your thermostat is in charge of making sure your home’s average temperature is both comfortable and safe. The last thing you want… Continue Reading Do I Need a New HVAC Thermostat in Palmetto, FL?…